As work on the East Coast Upgrade continues temporary timetable changes will be necessary on dates agreed in advance with the train operators.
Following the work done over the August bank holiday, weekend trains from London King’s Cross will be impacted due to planned improvements on the dates below. Passengers are advised to ‘check before you travel’.
Work is taking place during the weekends in January and February, which will mean there is a reduced service. There will be no trains in and out of King’s Cross during the two weekends below:
- Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 January
- Saturday 29 February and Sunday 1 March
In addition, there are five weekends when there is a reduced service on the East Coast Main Line. Passengers along the route are urged to check before travelling, and to allow additional time for their journey, as the trains will be busy and are likely to take longer than usual.
The weekend dates are:
- Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 January
- Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 January
- Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 January
- Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 February
- Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 February
Engineers are also working on the Great Northern route between Moorgate and Stevenage during this period. Passengers who use this line are advised to check before they travel on the weekend of:
- Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 February
- Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 February
Further periods of disruption
There will be further periods of disruption in 2020 and 2021, including additional weekends and longer periods of work. The provisional dates for the longer periods of work are:
- No services to or from King’s Cross on the weekend of Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 June 2020, in addition to further weekends later in the year
- A reduced long-distance service planned from 5th to 13th September 2020 to enable engineering work between Grantham and Peterborough, including no long-distance services to or from King’s Cross on the weekend of Saturday 5th September and Sunday 6th September 2020.
- Prolonged disruption planned from 19th December 2020 through to late March 2021 affecting weekdays and weekends, with a mix of reduced services and no services at King’s Cross.
We are sharing the provisional dates of this disruption now so passengers can start planning ahead. Once the dates are finalised, they will be confirmed on this website.
You can get more detailed travel information here: