As work on the East Coast Upgrade continues temporary timetable changes will be necessary on dates agreed in advance with the train operators.
Following the work done over the August bank holiday, weekend trains from London King’s Cross will be impacted due to planned improvements on the dates below. Passengers are advised to ‘check before you travel’.
- Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 November
- Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 November
On the morning of Friday 27 December, following the holiday closure for 25 and 26 December, operators have limited access into King’s Cross at the start of service until 13.00, and they are running a reduced timetable.
Work is also taking place during the weekends in January and February, which will mean there is a reduced service. There will be no trains in and out of King’s Cross during the two weekends below:
- Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 January
- Saturday 29 February and Sunday 1 March
In addition, there are five weekends when there is a reduced service on the East Coast Main Line. Passengers along the route are urged to check before travelling, and to allow additional time for their journey, as the trains will be busy and are likely to take longer than usual.
The weekend dates are:
- Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 January
- Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 January
- Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 January
- Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 February
- Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 February
Engineers are also working on the Great Northern route between Moorgate and Stevenage during this period. Passengers who use this line are advised to check before they travel on the weekend of:
- Saturday 1 and Sunday 2 February
- Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 February
You can get more detailed travel information here: